Vocational Rehabilitation prepares people with assessments, on-the-job coaching and training so that they can be ready for employment. From there, we assist people in job placement and provide continued support to help people reach their vocational goals.
In the program, individuals are able to identify career directions, enhance skill sets, and develop accommodations that allow them to successfully participate in the workplace. Hope Network also encourages employers to diversify their workforce by demonstrating that disabilities are not a barrier to employment.
- Individuals who can complete required job duties producing goods or services are eligible for Competitive Employment. Here, workers can earn wages commensurate with others in the given job and enhance their skill set in a setting of non-disabled workers, with the goal to have natural supports in place by the 90-day mark.
Transitional Work Experience
- For those who have been out of the workforce for a long period of time and may experience employment barriers, Hope Network offers Transitional Work Experiences. Career Counseling is also provided to enhance the individual’s awareness of employer expectations, teamwork and the work place culture with the ultimate goal of building skills that will lead to successful employment.
Career Exploration and Planning
- With the goal of helping individuals identify and enter a rewarding career, Career Exploration and Planning tests a person’s interests, abilities, motivation, and aptitude. Other forms of testing such as standardized tests and on-the-job evaluations may also be used to match a person with the career path that is right for them.
- To assess a person’s performance, On-the-Job Evaluations provide supervision, training, and valuable feedback. Through the program, individuals are paid to work at a company located in the community, with Hope Network being the employer of record.
- Those who are still developing their work skills may benefit from Supported Employment. These work opportunities take place in an integrated setting—mobile work crews, enclaves, and group sites—with ongoing supports present. Customized individual placements may also be available.
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Labor Market Surveys
- Job Analysis